An undergraduate minor is a secondary defined program of study outside the student’s major field.
A degree-seeking student cannot declare a major and minor in the same discipline. Minors represent a broad but solid foundation in a subject.
Currently, Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) offers 17 online academic minors that require 15 – 18 semester hours of credit. Tennessee State University (TSU) offers one online minor.
Minors offered by MTSU include:
- Business Communication
- Health and Human Performance
- Human Sciences
- Leadership Studies
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Office Management
- Organizational Communication
- Political Science
- Recording Industry
- Social Work
TSU offers a minor in:
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
Consider an Undergraduate Minor to . . . . .
- Explore an interdisciplinary theme or topical area with less commitment of time than that required in a major
- Complement your major program of study
- Add breadth to your program of study
- Pursue an area of passion or personal interest
- Make your resume more attractive to employers