Nursing Post Master's Certificate
Nurses who hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree from a nationally accredited program and are interested in continuing study in Holistic Nursing may be eligible to enter post graduate studies. Graduates of the certificate program will enhance and advance their practice in their chosen settings and be leaders in holistic approaches to nursing care throughout the life span.
Why Consider Holistic Nursing?
- Holistic nurses emphasize the care of the whole human, not only the care of disease.
- Holistic nursing understands the human is an interactive system of physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual, environmental and other factors.
- A holistic model of nursing focuses on patterns and causes of illness not symptoms.
- Holistic nursing views disease and suffering as opportunities for healing and growth.
- Holistic nurses emphasize health promotion, prevention, self-awareness, self-exploration, self-care and self-responsibility.
Clinical hours lead toward certifications in hypnosis, Chinese Medicine, Reiki, Healing Touch, aromatherapy, herbology, guided imagery, acupressure or other healing modalities that interest the student. Clinical requirements can be completed in your own community.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Priority deadlines for admission are:
- October 15 - Spring admission
- February 15 - Summer admission
- June 15 - Fall admission