Nursing Post Master's Certificate (teach-out in progress)
Prospective Students: TN eCampus is no longer accepting new applications to the MSN Program Partnership.
Enrolled Students: The MSN Program Partnership remains fully committed to allowing the students who are currently enrolled in the program to have an opportunity to successfully complete the program and to ensure they are graduating from a fully accredited program.
The section below outlines required documentation that MUST be uploaded in Medatrax prior to beginning your clinical preceptorships.
Health History, Physical Examination and Immunization Requirements
Immunization Requirements (to be completed by an MD, NP or PA)
To be documented on the MSN TN eCampus Health History, Physical Examination and Immunization Form
- documented evidence of two doses at least 28 days apart)*
- documentation of positive titers
- presumptive evidence of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella for individuals born prior to 1957. Vaccinations and titers are not required for persons in this age group.
- written documentation of vaccination with 2 doses of varicella vaccine
- laboratory evidence of immunity or laboratory confirmation of disease
- diagnosis or verification of a history of varicella disease by a healthcare provider
- diagnosis or verification of a history of Herpes Zoster (HZ) by a healthcare provider
- In the absence of above documentation, students are required to obtain a varicella titer. If titer is negative, the student is required to get the vaccine and a follow-up titer is required.
- proof of immunity is required at completion of series
- documentation of positive titers or submission of completed and signed Hepatitis B Waiver form.
- documentation of Tdap booster received in past 10 years
- documentation of initial two-step tuberculin skin test given 1-3 weeks apart. If two-step is negative, one-step TB is required annually)*.
- If positive, medical evaluation and documentation of a clear chest x-ray prior to admission to clinical site and annual completion of the Annual Past-Positive TB Screening Form confirming the absence of symptoms by a healthcare provider. If there is evidence of a positive chest x-ray and/or symptoms of TB, please follow-up for medical evaluation.
- *TB blood tests also called interferon-gamma release assays or IGRAs may be substituted upon validation by a healthcare provider for the two step or annual TST. Note that small or rural clinics may not accept these results. Two IGRAs are approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- QuantiFERON® - TB Gold In-Tube test (QFT-GIT)
- T-SPOT® TB test (T-Spot)
- one dose of TIV (trivalent) or LAIV (live attenuated) annual vaccination (highly recommended) or signed Influenza Waiver Form to decline seasonal flu vaccine.
Note: Many clinical agencies are requiring evidence of annual vaccination or the wearing of a mask during flu season.
A full Criminal Background Check (CBC) is required and must be completed within 90 days of your first clinical preceptorship. Proof that a Criminal Background Check was obtained must be uploaded in Medatrax prior to being admitted to your first preceptorship. It is the student’s responsibility to make timely arrangements for the background check and to pay all costs associated with such checks. You must keep a copy of the background check for your records AND you are required to send a copy to the Dean, Director or designee at your home campus.
HIPAA & OSHA Safety Training (required annually)
Prior to starting your first clinical/practicum experience, and on an annual basis thereafter, you must complete and verify completion of the HIPAA and OSHA/Infection Control/Hazardous Materials training.
Students must purchase and are required to wear name tags during their clinical preceptorship. Name tags can be purchased at an office supply company and should include the following information: