College of Applied Technology at Shelbyville
1405 Madison St
Shelbyville, TN 37160
The first of its kind to be constructed, the Tennessee College of Applied Technology at Shelbyville opened its doors on November 30, 1964, for full-time preparatory programs with forty-one students enrolled in six programs (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, Drafting, Industrial Electricity, Machine Shop and Welding).
Located on a 20-acre tract of land approximately two miles east of downtown Shelbyville, the college serves individuals from a broad geographical area including but not limited to Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Lincoln, Marshall, Moore and Rutherford counties. For over forty years the TCAT - Shelbyville has played a major role in the development of the workplace in the seven counties it serves by educating and training the current and future workforce. We expect to continue to fill this role for many years to come. Together, the faculty and staff make a difference in the quality of life in our community.