Pellissippi State Community College
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
10915 Hardin Valley Rd
Knoxville, TN 37933
Founded in 1974, Pellissippi State Community College (PSCC) comprehensively serves the greater Knox and Blount County areas and extends its engineering and media technology offerings to Anderson, Loudon, Roane, Cumberland, Campbell, Fentress, Scott and Morgan counties. Pellissippi State ranks #6 on the 2016 Community College Week Top 50 list of schools producing associate degrees in Communication Technologies/Technicians & Support Services.
First year enrollment has grown from 45 students to over 10,000 credit students today. The college offers associate degrees in 13 career/technical programs and numerous university parallel (transfer) programs, as well as a variety of institutional certificates and continuing education opportunities. The college also provides dual enrollment programs in partnership with area high schools, adult education classes for non-traditional students and an extensive number of online courses to accommodate busy schedules.
The college offers credit for work and life experiences through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
eCampus courses completed at Pellissippi State Community College are entirely online and are completely transferable among all the participating institutions.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Applied Science in Professional Studies, concentration in Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Web Technology
- Associate of Arts in General Studies (University Parallel)
- Associate of Science in General Studies (University Parallel)
- Associate of Science in General Studies (University Parallel) for Teacher Aides and Paraprofessionals Preparation
Students who pursue online programs should be highly motivated, independent, active learners who have good organizational and time management skills. Students also should have the discipline to study without external reminders and be able to adapt to new learning environments.